Thursday 30 August 2012

My Learning experience from Emalus Campus

Dear Blog,

I was away at Emalus Campus, Vanuatu in the last two weeks to establish the Senior Peer Mentoring Program there. Everything regarding the work I went to do was set, done and completed before I return last week on Saturday.

I was able to meet up with our colleagues from the campus, Pita Tuisawau and Helen Theophile, and we happen to be in the same group also, so we got together and discussed our team charter.

I thought I would be able to work on my ED403, but I could not. Firstly the internet connectivity was not not at all 100% good at all times. I get to be cut off now and again and most of the times in the middle of writing; at other times after submission there was no indication of whether the work had been submitted successfully; it left to you think that the work had not been sent through making you having a few attempts when all those attempts actually went through. It happened to me and I only came to know about it when Shikha, our facilitator commented on it. I have deleted the excessive and un-necessary folders in my blog.

The other reason why I couldn't do my ED403 was because I got very, very sick in the first week that I just couldn't sit up any longer than 10 minutes. I was down with flu, something which I've never experienced before. Because I went with our Dean, I had to be present at the campus during working hours and return as soon as the clock strike 4pm. I'd return and just slept till the next day when I would reluctantly get up for work. I found Vanuatu really, really cold - colder than our climate here in Fiji.

I wanted to contact our facilitator and to tell her about my situation, and I was lucky to talk to her on skype one morning. Now that I am back to Suva, Fiji when internet connectivity is not an issue, I am slowly trying my best to catch up with the work. I am still not 100% fine but I have not much of a choice; I have to move and get things done.

Thank you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment